[Update on Feb. 9, 2008]: Intuit took down the link. No more free downloads.
I saw this on FatWallet and I thought I should pass this along. You can download a free copy of TurboTax Deluxe 2007 for Windows or Mac on Intuit’s website. Here is how:
- Follow this link (link removed, no longer working).
- Click on the Downloads tab on the top.
- Click on Buy Now under the Deluxe version.
- Follow the screen prompts. They ask you to register with your e-mail address, name and address, but you don’t have to give out your real personal info.
This is desktop software, which I think is better than TurboTax Online. The Deluxe version includes Federal and 1 State. E-File is not free, but I’m not going to e-file anyway.
If you are interested, hurry, before they take down that link.
- Tax Software: Online or Desktop?
- Tax Software: TurboTax, TaxCut, or TaxAct?
- Tax Software: E-File or Mail?
- Goodbye TaxCut, Hello TurboTax
- TurboTax and TaxCut 2007 Compared Side By Side
Say No To Management Fees
If an advisor is charging you a percentage of your assets, you are paying 5-10x too much. Learn how to find an independent advisor, pay for advice, and only the advice: Find Advice-Only.