I got a free Chromecast from American Express, Staples, and Lowe’s a few weeks ago. American Express and its merchant partners are releasing more statement credit offers for the holiday shopping season. Every time I log in to my account online, I see some new offers under the “Offers For You” tab.
Right now I see these offers among many others (not everyone will see the same offers):
- Amazon.com: $25 back after spending $75
- BP: $5 back after spending $25 (multi-use)
- Chevron: $5 back after spending $40
- ExxonMobil: $5 back after spending $30
- Costco.com: $15 back after spending $115
- Lowe’s: $10 back after spending $50
- Kohl’s: $10 back after spending $50
- Macys.com: $10 back after spending $50
- Toys R Us: $5 back after spending $25
- Old Navy: $5 back after spending $20
- Zappos: $30 back after spending $150
- 1-800 Contacts: $30 back after spending $150
I like these statement credit offers because they are super-easy to use. Once you save them to the card, you will automatically get them when your purchase meets the qualification. You don’t have to remember any coupon codes or present anything when you make a purchase. They are also on top of any other sale, promo codes, or price matches.
The gas ones are no-brainers to get because chances are you will need gas anyway. Amazon.com sells Amazon gift cards with email delivery or free shipping. Costco.com sells Costco cash cards with free shipping. Lowe’s sells gift cards in its stores for Lowe’s itself and many other places.
Say No To Management Fees
If you are paying an advisor a percentage of your assets, you are paying 5-10x too much. Learn how to find an independent advisor, pay for advice, and only the advice.