I listen to podcasts on the way to and from work. I just found out Vanguard offers two good podcasts.
This one is in video but you can turn off the screen and just listen to the audio part. It covers some macroeconomic topics as well as topics of interest to individual investors. Here are the titles of some recent episodes:
- Considerations for combining active and passive in a portfolio
- Asset allocation in retirement
- Learn about tax efficient withdrawals in retirement
- Market projections: What’s on the horizon?
- How to control your emotions as an investor
- Sub-zero rates: Has monetary policy reached its limit?
- Is “global policy divergence” a misnomer?
Vanguard Investment Commentary
I like this one better. It’s more relevant to the individual investors and less punditry. Here are the titles of some recent episodes:
- What’s driving strong flows into fixed income?
- A new approach to retirement spending
- Should investors care about the BRICS in 2016?
- The allure of alternative investments
- Social Security: Getting the most benefit
- Portfolio rebalancing: Why it’s important, what to consider
Smartphone or Computer
You can listen to these podcasts on your smartphone or download them using podcast software on a computer. On an iPhone or an iPad, just launch the built-in Podcasts app and search for Vanguard. On Android, I use the free Player FM app. Again, just search for Vanguard after you launch the app.
On a computer, you can use iTunes or the free open source gPodder software. In iTunes, go to the Podcasts section and search for Vanguard. If you use gPodder, you will need these feed links:
- Vanguard Perspectives®: https://rss.vanguard.com/video/perspective.xml
- Vanguard Investment Commentary: https://rss.vanguard.com/pod/investment.xml
See All Your Accounts In One Place
Track your net worth, asset allocation, and portfolio performance with free financial tools from Personal Capital.